Monday, December 24, 2007

Eight days to 2008.
That's sort of consoling since Patho's on the 2nd. Anyway the point of this post was to reflect on 2007 (because it's not too late to change it - just kidding. Procrastination has its limits).
This year seems like it's ending pretty fast only because my year has been so segmented. I think I can divide the year into segments based on Events.

So there was...
1. My struggle with Bacteriology and Microbiology Finals, and the joy of Neuroscience.
2. Postings of which EClinics passed me by, Medicine traumatised me the most, Surgery revived the spirit in me, Fam Med was relaxing, and Emergency Medicine was a blast.
3. Climbing and training hard, and finally the official end of competitive climbing which came with the start of M3.
4. Growing up, redefining my goals and turning 21, and watching everyone else turn 21 too. :P
5. Family bonding, with my grandmother's surgery, my mother retiring, my dad and I home alone when my mom's overseas, and so on.
6. Friends. Making many new ones, and maintaining the old ones - though never-ending exams makes it really hard sometimes to hang out.
7. Extra-curricular Excitement - Nokia N95! and RandomTreasureHunt (Saus, what was its name?) and Subaru!

The year's so broken up that I feel like so much more happened, it's just that I can't categorize it. And so the year passed, and I feel like half of it took place ages ago, and the other half seems like not so long ago.
And next year's coming!

Goals of 2008, still in the making:
Half marathon! (Need help here. Fen :P!)
M3 MBBS Finals!
Travel!
Friends*
More family time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home